I've been tagged by Brunobaby for one of those "But enough about me. What do you think about me?" vocal warmups: "Do-re- me-me-me-me-meeee . . . "
I have a "Been there, done that" feeling about this one (I'm very carefully refraining from looking), but I feel like saying something but don't have anything to say (you don't want to hear about the murder-suicide impulses brought on by having to dig up reams of revealing documents for my New York landlord, do you? Didn't think so), so what the hell.
There are rules, and one of them is that you have to post the rules.
1. Link to the person who tagged you (done)
2. Post the rules here (done)
3. Share 7 random or weird facts about yourself (which'll it be? random? or weird? Geez, I'm sitting here staring at #1 and drawing a blank. Actually, these things bore me. I bore myself. The only things that come to mind are either banal or unspeakable. How about "Share 3 of your most unspeakable secrets"? Now that would be a meme with balls.)
- When I was in my early 20s I wanted to be a poet.
- I want to be awake when I die because I'm curious.
- I'm slightly psychic, but not enough to be useful.
- Decades worth of journals, making my most unspeakable secrets laugh-out-loud funny (in between the neurotic, obsessive, boring parts), are in my brother's basement where they will probably be destroyed by a flood.
- I have put suffering cats to sleep myself, with euthanasia syringes provided by vet friends. I shot the stuff directly into one cat's heart.
- I could sing all of "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik," including some of the counterpoint, when I was three. And just about still can.
- (God, I've run out of gas. Trouble is, we bloggers who've been at it for a few years have already posted most of the weird, random facts about ourselves.) Um ... I'll have to post a seventh some other time, if I ever think of one that I don't think I've told you before. Did I ever tell you I used to act out the Nativity story with my toy horses? That's weird, especially for a Jewish kid. But I could swear I've blogged it already.
4. Tag 7 random people at the end of the post, linking to them. (Same problem. All I know about these people is weird, random facts!)
5. Leave a comment on their blog so that they know they’ve been tagged. (This is too much work! Don't you people have anything better to do? Will somebody please tell them so I can go back to work?)
As far as I'm concerned, if you're not on that list but you actually have some fresh weird or random facts to serve up, please tag yourself. And leave a comment so we'll know.
UPDATE: Of course, now it hits me (probably because I've been reading Euan) that "Me Me" isn't really the point of a meme at all. The point is the linking. The meme is simply the bee that travels from flower to flower, cross-fertilizing the Internet. So what do we call them -- "WeWe"s?